Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oracle Linked Server

Hi,
I have an Oracle 9i client installed on SQL Server 2000, and I want to add a
linked Oracle server to SQL Server, I got an error says 'OLEDB error, OLEDB
error trace: initialize returned 0x80004005', and I can not view the tables
or views in the Oracle lin
ked server, can anybody help me on this?
HongHi
0x80004005 is usually a general error, have you checked the connection
string?
http://www.connectionstrings.com/
John
"Hong Wang" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8AB9BCEB-F6C5-4AD6-ACA2-0A3C0A8890CC@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have an Oracle 9i client installed on SQL Server 2000, and I want to add
a linked Oracle server to SQL Server, I got an error says 'OLEDB error,
OLEDB error trace: initialize returned 0x80004005', and I can not view the
tables or views in the Oracle linked server, can anybody help me on this?
> Hong|||Try turning on trace flag 7300 on or use SQL Profiler to capture the
OLEDB Errors event. This should allow you to get more information
about the error.
For additional info, you may want to refer to the following:
HOW TO: Set Up and Troubleshoot a Linked Server to Oracle in SQL
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280106
-Sue
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:01:08 -0700, Hong Wang
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have an Oracle 9i client installed on SQL Server 2000, and I want to add a linked
Oracle server to SQL Server, I got an error says 'OLEDB error, OLEDB error trace: i
nitialize returned 0x80004005', and I can not view the tables or views in the Oracle
li
nked server, can anybody help me on this?
>Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment