Monday, February 20, 2012

Oracle Application and laptops

I need advice of a powerfull laptop can bear the future extensions of
Oracle editions and implementing installations of all Oracle products
on it ?Lots of memory, AMD-64 X2 processor, as much harddisk as you can get.
I think, 2GB is the maximum on most, if not all laptops - a laptop is
not a server, most manufacturers think.|||<ehabaziz2001@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1141975526.522713.195560@.z34g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
> I need advice of a powerfull laptop can bear the future extensions of
> Oracle editions and implementing installations of all Oracle products
> on it ?

Oracle for Sun Sparc Solaris or AIX 5L will not run there, so I wonder if
you really want to do what you are asking about. I would not.|||ehabaziz2001@.gmail.com wrote:
> I need advice of a powerfull laptop can bear the future extensions of
> Oracle editions and implementing installations of all Oracle products
> on it ?

What it is appearing you wish to do is impossible. There is no laptop
capable of running these products and, in fact, I would expect that to
do so would take somewhere between 10 and 12 laptops.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org
damorgan@.x.washington.edu
(replace x with u to respond)

No comments:

Post a Comment