Monday, February 20, 2012

Oracle 9i Client on SQL Server 2000 Ent.

I installed Oracle 9i client on a SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition server with Windows 2000 Advanced
Server operating system. Next, I opened the linked server
and lastly I tried to open the Microsoft OLE DB Provider
for SQL Server which caused the server to hang and had to
be rebooted.
Please help me with what could cause this problem?
Thank You,
MikeHonestly I don't know the answer, so I can just throw some
ideas:
I assume it was working fine before you installed the
Oracle 9i client. Just a crazy though, try to reboot your
server couple times and see if that fixes the problem.
If it still doesn't work then remove the Oracle 9i client
and see what happens.
hth.
>--Original Message--
>I installed Oracle 9i client on a SQL Server 2000
>Enterprise Edition server with Windows 2000 Advanced
>Server operating system. Next, I opened the linked
server
>and lastly I tried to open the Microsoft OLE DB Provider
>for SQL Server which caused the server to hang and had to
>be rebooted.
>Please help me with what could cause this problem?
>Thank You,
>Mike
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment