Saturday, February 25, 2012

oracle connection using configuration file

I created a package that uses configuration file for db connections. SQL Server connection works fine, but for oracle it fails.

I m putting servername=alias from tnsnames.ora file.

the connection works fine from ide

For an OLE-DB connection the value of the config file property assignment, for connection string, would look something like this-

Data Source=ABC.XYZ;User ID=UserName;Password=secret;Provider=MSDAORA.1;Persist Security Info=True;

ABC.XYZ is the alias from tnsnames.

|||

Thanks Darren...

I exactly have the same line as you suggested. The issue was with InitialCatalog propterty. I took that out from configuration file and it worked fine.

I read somewhere only the servername, userid and password property is enough to make a connection to oracle database.

Thanks

Mahesh

No comments:

Post a Comment