Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oracle DSV: Problems creating relationships with reported inconsistent datatypes.

I am adding tables to the DSV and adding the relationships but SSAS keeps complaining that the data types of the FK and PK tables do not match, even though I can see that they are in fact the same, ie NUMBER with no scale/precision set. Presumably this means Oracle uses a default?

Any ideas as to the fix? I have created a NamedQuery as a SELECT * FROM <table> and this seems to work but does seem to be a hack and is very annoying!

Searching connect, I found at that this is a bug. however, it was reported as fixed in SP1 but I am using SP2 CTP.. so I have added a new bug report for this under SP2.

the only workaround is to go back and edit the XML file. (View Code in the solution explorer context menu).

No comments:

Post a Comment