Monday, February 20, 2012

Oracle authentication in the linked server

Hi everyone.
Two days ago I tried to replicate between the SQL 2000 Server and the Oracle
8i.
Before the transaction replication, I had configured linked server for
replication.
(I suppose linked server's configuration is OK. When I queried using the
Openquery, the result was no problem.)
But I failed in the authentication to the Oracle.
So I tested replication between SQL 2000 servers. and then there is no
problem.
What should I check for the Oracle authentication ?
Please, let me know
Thanks for any help
Kelly Seo
check out the link in my sig. There is a sample chapter which explains how
to configure Oracle subscribers.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"kelly seo" <jyseo@.tricom.co.kr> wrote in message
news:eOxAymbhFHA.3164@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi everyone.
> Two days ago I tried to replicate between the SQL 2000 Server and the
> Oracle 8i.
> Before the transaction replication, I had configured linked server for
> replication.
> (I suppose linked server's configuration is OK. When I queried using the
> Openquery, the result was no problem.)
> But I failed in the authentication to the Oracle.
> So I tested replication between SQL 2000 servers. and then there is no
> problem.
> What should I check for the Oracle authentication ?
> Please, let me know
> Thanks for any help
> Kelly Seo
>
>
|||Thanks Hilary Cotter,
At first, I'm so sorry my question is not clear.
My linked server setting is correct. when I query using the openquery, the
result is no problem.
but when I try to regist 'Register New SQL Server' from Oracle is connected
using the linked server, the error message is showed up like that.
Error message : SQL Server doesnn't exist or cann't
access(ConnectionOpen(Connect())
Because of that error, I couldn't regist Oracle connected using the linked
server and then couldn't do the replication.
What should I do check more?
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23Yfd2IchFHA.3568@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> check out the link in my sig. There is a sample chapter which explains how
> to configure Oracle subscribers.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "kelly seo" <jyseo@.tricom.co.kr> wrote in message
> news:eOxAymbhFHA.3164@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment